1. Consider software applications that you regularly use that have menu interfaces, whether they be PC- or mainframe-based applications. Evaluate these applications in terms of the menu design guidelines outlined in Table 11-1 of our textbook.
2. Consider the possible design of a registration system for a hotel aimed at front-desk hotel employees. Following the design specification items in Fig. 11-2, briefly describe the relevant users, tasks, and displays involved in such a system.
3. Imagine the possible design of a system used to register students at a university. Discuss the user, task, system, and environmental characteristics (see Table 10-10 of our textbook) that should be considered when designing the interface for such a system.
4. For the three common methods of system interaction –command language, menus, and objects– recall a software package that you have used recently and list what you liked and disliked about the package with regards to the interface. What were the strengths and weaknesses of each interaction method for this particular program? Which type of interaction do you prefer for which circumstances? Which type do you believe will become most prevalent? Why?
5. Briefly describe three or more different business tasks that are good candidates for form-based interaction within an information system.
6. Propose three or more specific settings where natural language interaction would be particularly useful and explain why.
7. Examine the help systems for three or more software applications that you use. Evaluate each using the general guidelines provided in Table 12-11 of our textbook.
8. List four contributing factors that have acted to impede the design of high-quality interfaces and dialogues on Internet-based applications.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more