Paper length: 1200 – 1800 words.
Grading: The exam is graded on your understanding of the assigned readings and the lectures as well as on your ability to write in a clear and concise manner. You are neither required not encouraged to use sources other than the assigned readings and lecture slides.
Guidance: For general guidance on writing philosophy papers please consult the Guidelines on Writing a Philosophy Paper. Please also read Plagiarism – Policies and Definitions. both texts are available at the top of the course website in the “Course Information” module.
Paper Prompts: Write on ONE of the following topics:
(1) Explain Zeno’s Racetrack Paradox for the conclusion that motion is impossible. Is it possible to complete an infinite number of tasks in a finite time? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
(2) Explain the concept of philosophical (conceptual) analysis. Explain the tripartite analysis of knowledge. Explain the Gettier problem. How would you solve the Gettier problem? Explain your answer.
(3) Explain fallibilism and the principle of closure under known implications. Explain how these two ideas lead to the lottery puzzle (not the lottery paradox). Explain the lottery puzzle. Which solution to the lottery puzzle do you find most convincing? Explain the solution. Are they any problems with the solution of your choice and, if there are, how can they be dealt with?
(4) Imagine that a professor tells his class – that believes everything he says, has excellent memories, and is adept at logic – that he will be giving them a surprise exam sometimes between the announcement and the end of next week. Explain the argument (the prediction paradox or unexpected exam paradox) in favor of the conclusion that it is impossible for the students to know what the professor says to be true. Is this argument convincing? Why or why not?
(5) Explain the instance condition and the equivalence condition and how these two principles give rise to the paradox of confirmation (paradox of the ravens). Which solution to the paradox of confirmation do you find most convincing? Explain the solution. Are there any problems with the solution of your choice and, if there are, how can they be dealt with?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more