Choose one of the following essay prompts and write a critical literary analysis. Your choices include poems by Robert Frost, Seamus Heaney, Stevie Smith, Langston Hughes, Robert Hayden, Theodore Roethke, Ruth Whitman, and Sharon Olds.
1. Write an essay in which you explore the theme of tradition in Robert Frost’s poem, “Mending Wall,” or Seamus Heaney’s poem, “Digging.”
2. Write an essay in which you explore the theme of innocence and experience in Robert Hayden’s poem, “Those Winter Sundays.”
3. There is a lot of debate as to whether or not Theodore Roethke’s poem, “My Papa’s Waltz,” explores a theme of abuse. Decide for yourself whether the poem is/is not about abuse and write an essay to support your reading/interpretation. This essay should be developed as an argumentation/persuasion essay. Should you choose this essay prompt, there is an outline template for argumentation/persuasion on MOODLE
4. While there may not be blatant evidence of physical abuse in Ruth Whitman’s poem, “Listening to grownups quarrelling,” many read this poem as showing evidence of emotional or psychological abuse. Write an essay in which you explore this theme. Be sure to make your position clear. You should consider the author’s use of imagery.
5. Discuss the theme of regret as it is explored in Sharon Olds’ poem, “I Go Back to May, 1937.”
6. Discuss the theme of suicide as it is explored in Stevie Smith’s poem, “Not Waving, but Drowning.”
7. Discuss the theme of perseverance as it is explored in Langston Hughes’ poem, “Island.”
• Be sure that your essay has a clear introduction with a thesis statement.
• Be sure that your introduction clearly introduces the author, the genre and the title of the work
• Be sure your thesis is the last sentence in your introductory paragraph
• Be sure to indent each paragraph
• Be sure that your essay has clear and sufficient support for your thesis, particularly, that it cites from the text for support of your discussion.
• Be sure that you incorporate your support material correctly and effectively (see example below)
• Be sure that you use clear transitions between paragraphs.
• Be sure that you have a conclusion that adds a sense of unity to your essay.
• Be sure to include an outline and a cover page with your essay.
• Be sure that your name appears only on your cover page.
• Be sure that your essay is printed on one side of the paper only
• Be sure to include the essay prompt you are responding to on your cover page.
• Keep in mind that the author is not necessarily the speaker in the poem, so be sure to incorporate your cited material correctly and effectively, following MLA guidelines.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more