Case Study 1: Individual Level of Analysis
· To recognize and better understand the effect of individual characteristics and behavior (individual level of analysis) on organizational performance and effectiveness.
Related to the following course objective:
· Maximize individual contributions to the organization based on an understanding of individual behavior
Three to four-page paper, in addition to a cover page containing your name, the course name, the date, and the professor’s name, and bibliography.
Introduction to Assignment
For this assignment, you will read and analyze Case Study 1: Reach for the Stars—Developing Salespeople, Achieving Organizational Success. The case describes information and key observations concerning manager and worker behavior. You will identify and—to evidence critical thinking skills—analyze the critical incidents (problems, situations, issues, and consequences) in the case influencing individual and organizational performance and effectiveness, and make appropriate recommendations to improve problems, meet challenges, and take advantage of opportunities. Overall, your analysis should include:
Read and follow all the Instructions carefully. The paper must clearly demonstrate your ability to understand how and why individual characteristics and behavior influence organizational performance and effectiveness. Demonstrate critical thinking, as described under higher thinking levels in Bloom’s Taxonomy (find through Google). Strive to be original along with applying data, information, and ideas from the required reading and outside research. Use examples and research information to support claims. Use American Psychological Association (APA) format for in-text citations and the reference list. Use the comprehensive outline format described in Instruction 9 to present your research findings, analysis, recommendations, and significant personal learning.
1) Review the assignment purpose, course objective, and introduction above and the Assignment Grading rubric.
2) Read the case below, Reach for the Stars—Developing Salespeople, Achieving Organizational Success. Your analysis must evidence understanding of the case’s specific characters, context, and circumstances. Avoid generalizations that might apply to similar cases available on the Internet or in previous courses.
3) Compose a brief abstract (no longer than a paragraph) synthesizing case highlights, putting the characters and incidents in context, and generally setting the scene for the detailed analysis to follow.
4) Identify and analyze at least three critical incidents (problems, situations, issues, and consequences) in the case that influenced individual and organizational performance and effectiveness. Explain how and why you think the incidents influenced individual and organizational performance and effectiveness. Discuss the pros and cons of key incidents or situations (i.e., what are the drawbacks and/or positives associated with the situation as it related to individual performance and/or organizational productivity and effectiveness?)
5) Make appropriate recommendations to address problems, meet challenges, and take advantage of opportunities, and propose follow-up or evaluation.
6) Draw data, information, and ideas from at least six required resources (at least two from each of Weeks 1, 2, and 3) listed in the weekly Schedules, plus at least two credible, authoritative, relevant outside sources for a total of at least eight references.Your outside references should show a mix of scholarly and applied/practical sources, largely drawn from UMUC’s Information Library System (ILS), and including classic writings. Review APA citation materials and Tips on Research Sources in Course Content. Cite research sources within the paper’s body using APA in-text formatting. Include a Reference list with complete source information at the end of the paper. See specific formatting and heading template instructions below in Instruction 9. Alphabetize references under each subheading. Please note my preference for including publication date within in-text citations. You are expected to paraphrase, using quotes only when the source’s verbatim statements uniquely enhance meaning and understanding. Deductions will be taken when quotes are overused and found to be unnecessary.
See examples below and in Formatting and Citation Samples under Course Content:
(Casey, 2002, p. 50). [Include publication date]
Casey, C. (2002). Critical Analysis of Organizations: Theory, practice, revitalization. London: Sage.
7) Identify and present in bold font at least six different OB concepts, theories, methods, strategies, or practices in your analysis. Demonstrate through context and/or endnotes your understanding of the terms’ definition and meaningfulness to the meet the assignment’s purpose and course objectives.
8) Determine what significant learning and understanding you gained from your research and analysis. Identify and evaluate at least three valuable take-aways you learned from your organization change analysis, and how you envision applying them to your job or career.
9) Use the template below for headings and subheadings. Your deliverable will use a comprehensive outline format. Feel free to add other headings or make modifications as your findings, ideas, and assertions dictate. Analysis and recommendations should be presented in standard expository form under each heading. Use examples and cite support sources as presented above.
I. Title page [your name, the course name, assignment, the name of the organization, the date, and instructor’s name]
II. Case abstract
III. Critical incidents
A. Critical incident 1: [name, e.g., Product diversification and market growth]
B. Critical incident 2:
C. Critical incident 3:
[and so forth]
V. Follow up [or evaluation]
VI. Significant learning
A. Learning [or Take-away] 1:
B. Learning [or Take-away] 2:
C. Learning [or Take-away] 3:
[and so forth]
A. Required course materials
B. Outside research sources
10) Use Microsoft Word for your text documents. Use the following title: your last name_Case Study 1_464. Be concise and keep your paper at three to four pages in length (plus cover page and references), but rest assured that substance is more important than length. Again, APA reference format is required.
http://www.saylor.org/site/textbooks/Organizational%20Behavior.pdf <– COURSE TEXTBOOK; MUST USE AS REFERENCE
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more